The InnerCity Mission for Children is a full-fledged faith-based Non-Governmental Organisation[NGO] in Consultative Status with the United Nations [UN]; it is under the auspices of the Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Foundation and it reaches out to indigent children living in forgotten places – the inner cities.
They are dedicated to breaking the Cycle of Poverty by delivering a sustainable solution to the problem of urban and rural child poverty. They work to give the life of every indigent child a meaning making them forget that they were ever poor and give them a hope and a future.
At the InnerCity Mission, they envision a world in which orphaned, deprived, excluded and vulnerable children in the inner cities live free of poverty and fulfil their God-given potential, thus becoming responsible and self-reliant adults, profitable to the society.
Approximately half of the world’s population now live in cities and towns. In 2005, approximately 1 billion people [one out of three urban dwellers] were living in slum conditions. These locations, which we refer to in this document as the inner cities, are the focus of our work. We have a mission to the children who live in these inner cities.
The Mission is to:
- Identify orphaned and vulnerable children [OVC] in families or households, inner city community schools and orphanages or related institutions who have become deprived, vulnerable and excluded as a result of poverty.
- Deliver sustainable and participatory interventions to these OVC, their families or households, schools and orphanages or related institutions.
- Mobilise these families or households, inner city community schools and orphanages or related institutions into a force for change.
- Promote awareness of the plight or situation of these OVC and the dire social consequences of the society’s neglect in addressing their problems.
The GEM Initiative
The InnerCity Mission GEMs [Giving Every Month] Initiative is a Monthly Giving Program for Partners who commit to make a regular financial contribution to the InnerCity Mission for Children.
It affords partners the opportunity to partner with The InnerCity Mission in a consistent and structured manner.
Benefits of the GEMs Initiative
- Consistent monthly giving provides dependable and consistent financial support to the InnerCity Mission for Children.
- It guarantees that our monthly commitment to care for and support needy children and their families through our various initiatives are sustainable
Please be a part of this work and together we can build a secure future!